Monday, November 19, 2007

Thank You!

In these days with our busy lives, have you not forgotten to give thanks to the Lord when you wake up in the morning before you start your new day? How many of us say thanks to the passenger who passes our fare to the driver? Do you say thank you when the guard in your office building has opened the door for you? How often do you say thank you to your spouse for working hard and providing for the family?

When we are starting to raise our kids, thank you are the first few words we teach our children. But when our kids have grown-up, do they hear these words often from us? Do you give thanks to your child when you ask him to behave? Have you tried saying thank you when your child only just managed to have a passing mark in the report card? Have you said thank you when your little monster manages not to turn your house topsy-turvy for few minutes?

Do you know that these words can change a person? The other night, I was helping my eldest daughter to finish all her projects which are all due today. Both of us were already tired and weary. We went to bed almost midnight. Guess what my daughter did! She hugged and kissed me as usual, but she uttered these words; “Thank you, Mama.” Then I asked, “What for? I didn’t give you anything.” “For helping me with my projects” she replied. Boy! My heart sunk in a positive way. I was so touched. My tiredness and weariness were as if magically been removed. “Thank You” simple words yet can be so powerful and can move your being.

So, in any circumstances that we must give gratitude…let us not forget to say “Thank you”. Who knows what it will render to the recipient! Saying thank you is not only when someone has given us a present. We must be more appreciative to little things that others are extending to us. We must not forget these magical words.

No comments: