Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What’s Your Summer Getaway?

What time is it, it’s SUMMER TIME!  The best time of the year to face the sun and have fun is summer.  I may not have enough resources to go to exquisite summer getaways, but I sure know where to be even just here in the Philippines.  There are more than 7,000 islands to explore and I am not even close to 50 islands.  It’s in my bucket list, to visit at least 50 of the 7k+ islands of the Philippines. 


So far, I’d been to few famous destinations here in PI.  My family and I loved these places and wanna go back again:


Boracay.  My 1st visit here was our honeymoon.  My husband and I loved the white powdery sand.  Then after 10 years we went back here with our children already.  It was my husband's gift for our 10th wedding anniversary.  We love this island so much that this summer 2013 we will go back again to celebrate my eldest’s high school graduation (sort of graduation gift).  Every visit in this island gives different experiences to us.  Who would get tired going back to an island that is almost a paradise?



Puerto Galera.  At first, I was hesitant to go here.  I heard that going here would be difficult due to the hassle and bustle commuting (land and sea transfers) coz it’s best advised to use public transportation.  Thank God to internet!  I was able to get a good package which gives hotel and transportation accommodation. We got a reasonably priced package.  We lived like royalties with private bus and boat!



Bohol.  There are so many places to go to in Bohol.  3D4N vacay would not be enough to explore the whole island.  But I got a good accommodation arrangement that definitely made our stay worthwhile.  If ever you’ll visit Bohol, don’t fail to include these tours; Countryside tour (get the chance to see the famous Chocolate Hills, Man-made forest, Loboc River and of course the Tarsiers), Dolphin Watching, and E.A.T. Danao (special arrangement).



47 islands to go!  Yeah, I must say…”It’s more fun in the Philippines!”

No comments: